Our Big History course examines humanity over long, contextualized timeframes starting from the Big Bang to the dawn of trade on the silk road. These modules can be used on their own, or as a precursor for our world studies.
Learning goals for Book 1:
This book will aim to cover the first five thresholds of increasing complexity. They include:
1. The Big Bang and the creation of the universe about 13.8 billion years ago.
2. The creation of the first complex objects, stars, about 12 billion years ago.
3. The creation of chemical elements inside dying stars required for chemically-complex objects, including plants and animals.
4. The formation of planets, such as our Earth, which are more chemically complex than the Sun.
5. The creation and evolution of life from about 3.8 billion years ago.
Big History 1: Understanding Emergence
One 60 page full colour workbook.
Shipping within Canada is free.
Provincial taxes will be added in the cart.
International shipping will be calculated in the cart.